topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  68085  

Determination of Student Residence; dependent or ward of the state   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

A student who currently resides in California and is 19 years of age or under at the time of enrollment, who is currently a dependent or ward of the state through California's child welfare system, or was served by California's child welfare system and is no longer being served either due to emancipation or aging out of the system, may be entitled to resident classification until he or she has resided in the state the minimum time necessary to become a resident.

(Added by Stats. 2009, Ch. 251, Sec. 1.)