(a) The California State University, the Department of Finance, and the Legislative Analyst's Office shall jointly conduct a statewide evaluation of the new programs implemented under this article. The results of the evaluation shall be reported, in writing, to the Legislature and the Governor on or before January 1, 2015. The evaluation required by this section shall consider all of the following:
(1) The number of new doctoral programs in physical therapy implemented, including information identifying the number of new programs, applicants, admissions, enrollments, and degree recipients.
(2) The extent to which the programs established under this article are fulfilling identified needs for physical therapists, including statewide supply and demand data that considers capacity at the University of California and in California's independent colleges and universities.
(3) Information on the place of employment of students and the subsequent job placement of graduates.
(4) Program costs and the fund sources that were used to finance these programs, including a calculation of cost per degree awarded.
(5) The costs of the programs to students, the amount of financial aid offered, and student debt levels of graduates of the programs.
(6) The extent to which the programs established under this article are in compliance with the requirements of this article.
(b) (1) A report to be submitted pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be submitted in compliance with Section 9795 of the Government Code.
(2) Pursuant to Section 10231.5 of the Government Code, this section is repealed on January 1, 2019.
(Added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 425, Sec. 1.)