(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, and except as provided for in subdivision (c), whenever an auxiliary organization discloses a record it maintains that is otherwise exempt from this article, this disclosure shall constitute a waiver of the exemptions specified in this article.
(b) For purposes of this section, "auxiliary organization" includes a member, agent, volunteer, or officer of the auxiliary organization acting within the scope of his or her affiliation with the auxiliary.
(c) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to the following disclosures:
(1) Disclosures made to a donor or prospective donor with regard to that donor's donation or prospective donation to an auxiliary organization.
(2) Disclosures made to a volunteer or prospective volunteer with respect to that volunteer's services being provided to the auxiliary organization.
(3) Disclosures made through other legal proceedings or as otherwise required by law.
(4) Disclosures within the scope of a disclosure required by law that limits disclosure of specified writings to certain purposes.
(5) Disclosures described in subdivision (a) of Section 72696 to an auditor conducting an audit.
(6) Disclosures described in subdivision (a) of Section 72696 to a bank or similar financial institution in the course of ordinary financial transactions, or in response to a request from the bank or other financial institution relating to the ordinary delivery of financial services.
(Added by Stats. 2011, Ch. 247, Sec. 1.)