(a) (1) The publisher of a textbook, or an agent or employee of the publisher, shall provide a prospective purchaser of the textbook with all of the following:
(A) A list of all the products offered for sale by the publisher germane to the prospective purchaser?s subject area of interest.
(B) For a product listed pursuant to subparagraph (A), the wholesale or retail price of the product, and the estimated length of time the publisher intends to keep the product on the market.
(C) For each new edition of a product listed pursuant to subparagraph (A), a list of the substantial content differences or changes between the new edition and the previous edition of the textbook.
(2) The publisher shall make the lists required by paragraph (1) available to a prospective purchaser at the commencement of a sales interaction, including, but not necessarily limited to, a sales interaction conducted in person, by telephone, or electronically. The publisher shall also post in a prominent position on its Internet Web site the lists required by paragraph (1).
(b) As used in this section, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Product" means each version, including, but not necessarily limited to, a version in a digital format, of a textbook, or set of textbooks, in a particular subject area, including, but not necessarily limited to, a supplemental item, whether or not the supplemental item is sold separately or together with a textbook.
(2) "Publisher" has the same meaning as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 66406.7.
(3) "Purchaser" means a faculty member of a public or private postsecondary educational institution who selects the textbooks assigned to students.
(4) "Textbook" has the same meaning as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 66406.7.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 76, Sec. 50.)