Article 2. Healthy Start Support Services for Children Program Council and Grant Program
In order to encourage the integration of children?s services, it is the intent of the Legislature to promote interagency coordination and collaboration among the state agencies responsible for the provision of support services to children and their families.
Therefore, the Legislature hereby establishes the Healthy Start Support Services for Children Program Council, as follows:
(a) Members of the council shall include the Superintendent, the agency secretary, and the directors of the State Department of Health Care Services and the State Department of Social Services.
(b) Duties of the council shall include:
(1) Developing, promoting, and implementing policy supporting the Healthy Start Support Services for Children Grant Program.
(2) Assisting the lead agency in reviewing grant applications submitted to the lead agency and providing the lead agency with recommendations for awarding grants pursuant to Section 8804.
(3) Soliciting input regarding program policy and direction from individuals and entities with experience in the integration of children?s services.
(4) Assisting the lead agency in fulfilling its responsibilities under this chapter.
(5) Providing recommendations to the Governor, the Legislature, and the lead agency regarding the Healthy Start Support Services for Children Grant Program.
(6) At the request of the Superintendent, assisting the local educational agency or consortium in planning and implementing this program, including assisting with local technical assistance, and developing agency collaboration.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 22, Sec. 5.)