topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  68076  

Resident classification   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

Notwithstanding Section 68062, a student who (a) has not been an adult resident of California for more than one year and (b) is either the dependent child of a California resident who has had residence in California for more than one year prior to the residence determination date, or has a parent who has both contributed court-ordered support for the student on a continuous basis and has been a California resident for a minimum of one year, shall be entitled to resident classification. This exception shall continue until the student has resided in the state the minimum time necessary to become a resident, so long as continuous attendance is maintained at an institution.

(Amended by Stats. 1993, Ch. 8, Sec. 15.)


Education Code 68062