topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  87809  

District's failure to pay   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

If a community college district fails to pay the salary of any person employed by it in an academic position who has on file a contract of employment held valid by the legal adviser of the county superintendent of schools having jurisdiction over the district, that county superintendent of schools may transfer sufficient money from the funds of the district to the county school service fund and pay the salary from that fund.

(Amended by Stats. 1990, Ch. 1302, Sec. 163.)