Before and After School Learning and Safe Neighborhoods Partnerships Program
(a) As required by the department, programs established pursuant to this article shall submit annual outcome-based data for evaluation. The department may consider these outcomes when determining eligibility for grant renewal.
(1) To demonstrate program effectiveness, grantees shall submit, using the unique statewide pupil identifiers, for participating pupils who are unduplicated pupils, both of the following:
(A) Schoolday attendance on an annual basis.
(B) Program attendance on a semiannual basis.
(2) Programs shall submit evidence of a data-driven program quality improvement process that is based on the department's guidance on program quality standards developed pursuant to paragraph (3).
(3) The department may develop additional measures for this subdivision including, but not limited to, program quality standards. Additions shall be developed in consultation with the evaluation committee of the advisory committee.
(4) Programs shall submit information adopted through the process outlined in subdivision (c).
(b) (1) If a program consistently fails to demonstrate measurable program outcomes for three consecutive years, the department may terminate the program as described in subdivision (a) of Section 8483.7. The department shall consider multiple outcomes and not rely on one outcome in isolation.
(2) For purposes of this section, "consistently fails to demonstrate measurable program outcomes" means failure to meet program effectiveness requirements pursuant to the criteria in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (a).
(3) Measurable program outcomes may be demonstrated by, but are not limited to, comparing pupils participating in the program to nonparticipating pupils at the same schoolsite.
(c) The department shall develop standardized procedures and tools to collect the indicators in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (a). The department shall consult with the evaluation committee of the Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs pursuant to Section 8484.9.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 370, Sec. 18.)