Escondido Union ESD | AR 0510 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
School Accountability Report Card
Each year, the principal or designee at each school shall prepare an annual School Accountability Report Card which assesses all of the following school conditions:
1. Student achievement in and progress toward meeting reading, writing, arithmetic and other academic goals.
2. Progress toward reducing dropout rates.
3. Estimated expenditures per student and types of services funded.
4. Progress toward reducing class sizes and teaching loads.
5. Any assignment of teachers outside their subject areas of competence.
6. Quality and currency of textbooks and other instructional materials.
7. The availability of qualified personnel to provide counseling and other student support services.
8. Availability of qualified substitute teachers.
9. Safety, cleanliness, and adequacy of school facilities.
10. Adequacy of teacher evaluations and opportunities for professional improvement.
11. Classroom discipline and climate for learning.
12. Staff training and curriculum improvement programs.
13. Quality of school instruction and leadership.
In determining the indicators which assess the above conditions, the principal or designee shall review the State Board of Education model report card and guidelines and solicit suggestions from the school staff and community.
School accountability report cards shall also include the following information:
1. The beginning, median, and highest salary paid to teachers in the district, as reflected in the district's salary scale.
2. The average salary for school-site principals in the district.
3. The salary of the district superintendent.
4. The statewide average, in districts of the same size and type for:
a. Beginning, mid-range and highest teacher's salary.
b. School-site principal's salary.
c. District superintendent's salary.
5. The percentage of the district's budget allocated to administrative salaries.
6. The statewide average, in districts of the same size and type, of the percentage of the district budget allocated to administrative salaries.
7. The percentage of the district's budget allocated to teachers' salaries.
8. The statewide average, in districts of the same size and type, of the percentage of the district budget allocated to teachers' salaries.
9. Total annual instructional minutes by grade level.
10. Annual number of minimum days per year.
Report card information about statewide averages shall be based on information provided by the superintendent of Public Instruction. (Education Code 41409.3)
The board shall annually issue a School Accountability Report Card for each school site, publicize such reports, and notify parents/guardians that a copy will be provided upon request. Every three years the board shall compare district report cards with the State Board of Education model report card. (Education Code 35256)
Regulation ESCONDIDO UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: December 8, 1994 Escondido, California