Escondido Union ESD | BP 6152 Instruction
When assigning students to specific classrooms, the superintendent or designee shall make every effort to provide the best possible learning environment for each child. Insofar as possible, consideration shall be given to:
1. Placement recommendations of the current classroom teacher.
2. Girl/boy balance.
3. Academic balance: high/medium/low achievers.
4. Balance of students with social/emotional problems.
5. Strengths and weaknesses of individual teachers.
6. Student interests, readiness, behavior and motivation.
The superintendent or designee may accept from parents/guardians any information which would be helpful in making placement decisions, always with the understanding that any request for a specific teacher can be considered only as one of many determining factors which must be taken into account.
During the school year, the superintendent or designee shall make any adjustments in class placement which he/she may deem beneficial to the student or the educational program.
35020 Duties of employees fixed by governing board
Policy ESCONDIDO UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: November 20, 1989 Escondido, California