Escondido Union HSD | BP 6162.7 Instruction
Use Of Technology In Instruction
The Governing Board encourages the instructional use of computers, videotapes, interactive videodiscs, distance learning, cable television and other technologies. The Board perceives that these technologies:
- Give students new ways to access information and practice skills;
- Help teachers meet a wide range of learning styles;
- Enable teachers to move from wholeclass instruction to a mixture of smallgroup and individualized instruction;
- Help students develop reasoning and problemsolving abilities;
- Will be a part of students' everyday lives.
The Board recognizes that trained teachers are needed to make the best use of the district's technology. Teachers and instructional aides shall receive training in using the technologies available to them. All district schools shall have the opportunity to obtain computers, software and other equip-ment.
The district's educational software shall be carefully selected and evaluated so as to meet the teachers' and students' needs and conform with district policy and regulations.
(cf. 3512 Equipment)
(cf. 4132 Publication or Creation of Materials)
(cf. 6161.1 Selection and Evaluation of Instructional Materials)
(cf. 6161.11 Supplementary Instructional Materials)
(cf. 6162.6 Use of Copyrighted Materials)
51865 California distance learning policy
The California Master Plan For Educational Technology, April 1992
Policy ESCONDIDO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: June 17, 1997 Escondido, California