Escondido Union HSD | AR 6162.8 Instruction
Persons or groups wishing to use district staff, students or property in connection with an academic research project shall submit to the Superintendent or designee a written proposal which includes:
1. Name of researcher(s) and academic credentials.
2. Purpose and scope of the project.
3. Method of study or investigation to be used.
4. Extent of participation expected of students and staff.
5. Use to which project results will be put.
6. Benefits to the school(s) or the district.
The Superintendent or designee shall evaluate the extent to which the proposal:
1. Shows potential for improving instructional programs and strategies.
2. Addresses a relevant educational problem.
3. Avoids duplication of existing data or literature.
4. Is designed so as to minimize interruptions and demands upon the time of students and staff.
The Superintendent or designee may approve the proposed project for a period of one school year or less. To extend any project into a second year, the researcher(s) must again obtain approval.
The Superintendent or designee shall inform the parent/guardian of each student to be involved, describing the study and requesting permission for the student to participate. No student shall participate in a research project without advance parental permission.
Researchers shall certify that they will use no school names or publish any findings without the approval of the Superintendent or designee.
The Superintendent or designee shall advise staff members to be judicious with their time when asked to furnish information requested by researchers. Employees shall notify the Superintendent or designee of any problems which may arise in relation to a research project.
Regulation ESCONDIDO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: November 18, 2008 Escondido, California