topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources |  |  EC  35213  

Reimbursement for loss or damage of personnel property   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The governing body of a school district may provide by rule or regulation for the reimbursement of any person or persons for the loss, destruction, or damage by arson, burglary or vandalism of personal property used in the schools of the district. Reimbursement shall be made only when approval for the use of the personal property in the schools was given before the property was brought to school and when the value of the property was agreed upon by the person or persons bringing the property and the school administrator or person appointed by him for this purpose at the time the approval for its use was given. The governing body may establish a maximum value of reimbursement which will be paid.

(Enacted by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1010.)