Fallbrook Union ESD | BP 4212.8 Personnel
Employment Of Relatives
The following policy will govern conflict of interest in the employment of staff:
1. No spouse, minor child, or dependent of a Governing Board member will be appointed to a full-time position in this school district.
(cf. 9270 - Conflict of Interest)
2. Persons related otherwise by blood or marriage to a Governing Board member may be employed following full disclosure of the relationship by the Board member in a public meeting and sufficient vote of appointment without counting the vote of the related Board member.
3. A spouse or child of a Board member may be employed for limited-term or short-term employment on a competitive basis among persons who are eligible, as provided by law.
4. Persons related by blood or marriage to a member of the administrative staff will not be appointed to a position that is in a direct line relationship to that administrator.
5. Members of the same family may be employed at the same department or work location when approved, in writing, by Superintendent. (Exception: Members of the same family will not be approved in direct line of supervision.)
It is the intent of this policy to avoid any situation where a conflict of interest may arise either on the part of the member of the Board or a member of the administrative staff.
35107 School district employees
297-297.5 Rights, protections, benefits under the law; registered domestic partners
1090-1098 Prohibitions applicable to specified officers
12940 Unlawful employment practices
CODE OF REGULATIONS, TITLE 2
7292.0-7292.6 Marital status discrimination, especially:
7292.5 Employee selection
California Department of Fair Employment and Housing: http://www.dfeh.ca.gov
Institute for Local Government: http://www.cacities.org/index.jsp?zone=ilsg
Policy FALLBROOK UNION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: September 6, 2011 Fallbrook, California