Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 443
English Learner And Immigrant Pupil Federal Conformity Act
(a) In accordance with Section 6826 of Title 20 of the United States Code, an eligible local educational agency desiring a subgrant pursuant to Section 6824 of Title 20 of the United States Code shall submit a plan to the State Department of Education at the time, in the manner, and containing the information, that the State Department of Education may require.
(b) The plan submitted shall do the following:
(1) Describe the programs and activities to be developed, implemented, and administered.
(2) Describe how the agency will use the subgrant funds to meet all annual measurable achievement objectives for limited-English-proficient pupils in English proficiency and in meeting challenging state academic content and pupil academic achievement standards.
(3) Describe how the agency will hold elementary schools and secondary schools accountable for all of the following:
(A) Meeting the annual measurable achievement objectives.
(B) Making adequate yearly progress for limited-English-proficient pupils.
(C) Annually measuring the English proficiency of limited-English-proficient pupils so that pupils served develop proficiency in English while meeting state academic content and pupil academic achievement standards.
(4) Describe how the agency will promote parental and community participation in programs for limited-English-proficient pupils.
(5) Contain an assurance that the agency consulted with teachers, researchers, school administrators, and parents, and, if appropriate, with education-related community groups and nonprofit organizations, and institutions of higher education, in developing the plan.
(6) Describe how language instruction education programs carried out under the subgrant will ensure that limited-English-proficient pupils being served by the programs develop English proficiency.
(Added by Stats. 2002, Ch. 1014, Sec. 1)
20 USC 6824
20 USC 6826