Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 8263.2
Child Care and Development Services Act; Administration
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, effective July 1, 2011, the department shall reduce the maximum reimbursable amounts of the contracts for the Preschool Education Program, the General Child Care Program, the Migrant Day Care Program, the Alternative Payment Program, the CalWORKs Stage 3 Program, and the Allowance for Handicapped Program by 15 percent. The department may consider the contractor's performance or whether the contractor serves children in underserved areas as defined in subdivision (ag) of Section 8208 when determining contract reductions, provided that the aggregate reduction to each program specified in this subdivision is 15 percent.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, effective July 1, 2011, families shall be disenrolled from subsidized child care services, consistent with the priorities for services specified in subdivision (b) of Section 8263. Families shall be disenrolled in the following order:
(1) Families whose income exceeds 70 percent of the state median income (SMI) adjusted for family size, except for families whose children are receiving child protective services or are at risk of being neglected or abused.
(2) Families with the highest income below 70 percent of the SMI, in relation to family size.
(3) Families that have the same income and have been enrolled in child care services the longest.
(4) Families that have the same income and have a child with exceptional needs.
(5) Families whose children are receiving child protective services or are at risk of being neglected or abused, regardless of family income.
(Added by Stats. 2011, Ch. 7, Sec. 7.)