Hayward USD | AR 4217.11 Personnel
Preretirement Part-Time Employment
District employees may reduce their workload from full-time to part-time for a period not to exceed five years.
Regulations allowing employees to reduce their workload include but are not limited to the following (Education Code 45139):
1. Employees must be 55 years of age before they may reduce their workload.
2. Employees must have completed at least 10 years of full-time service in a classified position.
3. Employees must have completed five years of full-time service immediately prior to requesting a reduction in workload.
4. The five years required in #3 must have passed without a break in service.
5. The part-time employment option is available at the employee's request and may be revoked only with the mutual consent of the employee and the Governing Board.
6. Employees will be paid a pro rata share of their full-time salary.
7. Minimum part-time employment shall be the equivalent of one-half of the number of days of service required by the employee's contract during the final year of full-time service.
8. The employee shall receive the same health benefits as those received by full-time employees.
9. The employee shall retain all other rights and benefits as long as he/she makes the payments for them that would be required if he/she still worked full time.
10. The period of part-time employment shall not extend beyond the end of the school year during which the employee reaches his/her 70th birthday.
45139 Reduced workload for classified employees
Regulation HAYWARD UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: October 9, 2013 Hayward, California