Hayward USD | BP 0410.1 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
Equity For All
The Governing Board values all members of our diverse community. We believe that equity of opportunity and access to our programs, services and resources are critical to the achievement of successful outcomes for all those whom we serve, and for those who serve our school system.
The Board further recognizes that equitable treatment enhances the attainment of educational, social, and career options that reflect the potential, abilities, experiences and contributions of our students, employees, parents, and community partners.
The Board is therefore committed to ensuring that fairness, equity, and inclusion are essential principles of our school system and are integrated into all district policies, programs, operations, and practices.
The Board will require that:
* The school curriculum reflects the diversity of our society and complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
* Teaching and learning practices help students in building positive interpersonal skills.
* All students are provided with equitable opportunities to be successful in our school system and that all learners be provided with support to develop their potential and to achieve their goals.
* Hiring and promotion practices promote representation of our diversity.
* Contributions of our diverse community of parents and community groups to our schools are valued and encouraged.
* Students, employees, parents, and community partners are provided with effective procedures for resolving concerns and complaints as they arise.
* Appropriate procedures are in place at all levels of the school system for implementing, reviewing, and developing district policies, programs, operations, and practices that promote equity throughout the school system.
* Regular assessment of these procedures take place in order to measure their effectiveness and provide for changes to be made when necessary.
(cf. 0450 - Comprehensive School Safety Plan)
(cf. 0500 - Accountability)
(cf. 1100 - Communication with the Public)
(cf. 1220 - Citizen Advisory Committees)
(cf. 1240 - Volunteer Assistance)
(cf. 1312.1 - Complaints Concerning District Employees)
(cf. 1312.2 - Complaints Concerning Instructional materials)
(cf. 1312.3 - Uniform Complaint Procedure)
(cf. 1700 - Relations between Private Industry and the Schools)
(cf. 2000 - Concepts and Roles)
(cf. 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment)
(cf. 4119.1/4219.4319.1 - Civil and Legal Rights)
(cf. 4131 Staff Development)
(cf. 4231 - Staff Development)
(cf. 4331 - Staff Development)
(cf. 5137 - Positive School Climate)
(cf. 5143.5 - Nondiscrimination/Harassment)
(cf. 5144 - Discipline)
(cf. 6000 - Concepts and Roles)
(cf. 6011 - Academic Standards)
(cf. 6020 Parent Involvement)
(cf. 6030 - Integrated Academic and Vocational Instruction)
(cf. 6141.2 - Recognition of Religious Beliefs and Customs)
(cf. 6164.4 - Identification of Individuals for Special Education)
(cf. 6164.6 - Identification and Education under Section 504)
(cf. 6171 - Title 1 Programs)
(cf. 6172 - Gifted and Talented Student Program)
(cf. 6174 - Education for English Language Learners)
(cf. 9000 - Role of the Board)
Policy HAYWARD UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: October 9, 2002 Hayward, California