(a) The program, in collaboration with the State Department of Education, shall act as a liaison for school-based health centers.
(b) Beginning on or before January 1, 2009, the program shall provide a biennial update to the appropriate policy and fiscal committees of the Legislature that includes information on all of the following:
(1) The number and geographical distribution of school health centers.
(2) The number of schoolage children who were served by school health centers.
(3) The type and volume of health and mental health services provided by school health centers.
(4) A description of state funds used by school health centers.
(5) A description of any obstacles to the financial sustainability of school health centers and any necessary policy changes that would address those financial obstacles.
(c) The department shall post on its Web site any written materials provided to the Legislature as part of the updates required by this section.
(Added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 334, Sec. 1.)