Hope ESD | AR 4161.21, 4261.21,4361.21 Personnel
Personal Business Leaves
1. Certificated full-time employees may request two days of leave each year. Certificated half-time employees (or those who work less than 100% of full-time) may request one day of leave each year. Administrators and full-time classified employees may request one day of leave each year. A full-time classified employee is employed in a position that requires an 8-hour work day.
2. The intent of the leave is to allow a full time employee to conduct personal business during a scheduled workday.
3. No sick leave days are deducted for this leave.
4. The employee shall receive his/her regular rate of pay for the personal business leave day.
5. The district shall pay the cost of any substitute.
6. Personal business leave requires prior approval of the principal and superintendent.
A verifiable emergency that does not meet the Personal Necessity Leave criteria can be submitted for personal business leave. (No prior approval required.)
7. During pre and post holiday dates a maximum of 2 requests per school per day may be granted.
8. Leaves for May and June may be granted on a 1 per school per day basis during those months.
9. Unused personal business leave is not cumulative from year to year.
Regulation HOPE SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: April 13, 2009 Santa Barbara, California