topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources |  |  WI  11457  

Public Social Services; Aid and Medical Assistance; Computation and Payment of Aid Grants   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

Money from noncustodial parents for child or spousal support with respect to whom an assignment under Section 11477 has been made shall be paid directly to the local child support agency and shall not be paid directly to the family. Such absent parent support payments, when collected by or paid through any public officer or agency, shall be transmitted to the county department providing aid under this chapter.

The Department of Child Support Services, by regulation, shall establish procedures not in conflict with federal law, for the distribution of such noncustodial parent support payments.

If an amount collected as child or spousal support represents payment on the required support obligation for future months, the amount shall be applied to such future months. However, no such amounts shall be applied to future months unless amounts have been collected which fully satisfy the support obligation assigned under subdivision (a) of Section 11477 for the current months and all past months.

(Amended by Stats. 2000, Ch. 808, Sec. 124.)