topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  42801  


arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b) of this section, the officer for whose use the revolving cash fund is created shall file with the governing body of the district a bond in favor of the district, executed by him as principal and by a surety company authorized under the laws of the state to execute bonds as surety, in an amount not less than double the amount of the revolving cash fund. The bond shall be conditioned upon the faithful administration of the revolving cash fund and upon the willingness and ability of the principal to account for and pay over the revolving cash fund at any time upon the demand of the governing board of the district. The premium on the bond shall be a legal charge against the district, payable from the funds of the district.

(b) In lieu of the bond required by subdivision (a) of this section, an officer may be bonded as provided by Section 41021.

(Enacted by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1010.)


Education Code 41021