Hope ESD | AR 4114 Personnel
1. Requests for transfer shall be submitted to the principal in writing. Applicants shall also submit copies to the Superintendent and to the principal of the school to which the transfer is requested.
2. In evaluating requests for transfer, the Superintendent or designee shall consider the teacher's educational background, credentials, experience, personal qualifications and potential contribution to the schools.
3. The applicant shall receive a written acknowledgment of his/her request from the Superintendent or designee.
4. The Superintendent or designee shall maintain a list of current positions. This list shall be posted at each school.
5. The Superintendent or designee shall maintain a list of all transfer requests and shall make this list available to principals.
6. When an opening exists, the principal shall review requests for transfer and shall interview applicants who best meet the qualifications of the position.
a. Interviews shall be arranged only for teachers whose requests have been processed by the Superintendent or designee.
b. Applicants shall receive notice of the final selection from the Superintendent or designee.
c. Applicants denied a transfer may request and shall be granted a meeting with the Superintendent or designee in order to discuss the matter.
7. Principals are encouraged to complete transfers before May 15.
1. Involuntary transfers may be initiated by the Superintendent or by the principal.
2. Teacher(s) involved shall receive a copy of the administrative request to transfer and shall be granted a conference with the person(s) requesting the transfer.
3. No teacher shall be transferred outside the scope of his/her credentials except as allowed by law and with the teacher's approval.
(cf. 4113 - Assignment)
4. Involuntary transfers shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or marital status.
5. Except in cases of staff reduction, no reduction shall be made in basic teaching assignments or salary without the mutual agreement of all parties involved.
6. Teachers who are transferred during the summer months shall be notified at their last known address as soon as the change is made.
7. Exceptions to this regulation may be made only in extenuating circumstances and must benefit the individual school or the district as a whole. Exceptions shall not be made arbitrarily, capriciously or without good and sufficient cause.
If a teacher objects to a transfer, he/she may request a meeting with the Superintendent or designee and the principal.
The teacher may invite a representative of his/her professional organization and/or any other person to be present at this meeting.
If dissatisfied with the results of this meeting, the teacher may appeal to the Governing Board. The Board's decision shall be final.
Regulation HOPE SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: July, 1992 Santa Barbara, California