Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 8774
Residential Outdoor Science Program
(a) A residential outdoor science program shall be eligible for funding pursuant to this section if it meets both of the following conditions:
(1) It is operated by a school district or county office of education pursuant to this article.
(2) It meets the standards of the Residential Outdoor Science School (ROSS) Guide and maintains current department ROSS certification.
(b) An eligible residential outdoor science program may claim apportionment for any pupil who meets all of the following conditions:
(1) The pupil is enrolled in a California public school.
(2) The pupil is enrolled in grade 5 or 6.
(3) The applicant has not previously received funding for the pupil pursuant to this section.
(4) The pupil participates in a minimum four-day and three-night program.
(5) The pupil is economically disadvantaged and meets the criteria of Section 49552.
(c) The Superintendent shall, subject to appropriation of funds for this purpose, apportion to each school district or county office of education that operates a residential outdoor science program pursuant to this article an amount equal to ten dollars ($10) per eligible participating pupil, multiplied by the total number of days of participation, up to a maximum of five days.
(Amended by Stats. 2008, Ch. 179, Sec. 40.)
Education Code 49552