Huntington Beach City USD | BP 3310 Business and Noninstructional Operations
A. Pursuant to Public Contract Code sections 20111.5 and 20111.6, all prospective bidders as a general or prime contractor, or an electrical, mechanical or plumbing subcontractor, for a public project, as such term is defined in Public Contract Code section 22002(c), with an estimated value of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) or more where any portion of the funding is from a current or future state bond measure, and for any lease-leaseback public project pursuant to Education Code sections 17406 and 17407, shall be required to furnish sufficient proof of minimum public projects experience and financial ability by completing a standard form questionnaire and financial statement. In addition to disqualification for failure to meet the District's criteria, prospective bidders may be automatically disqualified for any one of the following reasons:
1. Contractor has not completed a minimum of two (2) public projects of at least $1,000,000 each, pursuant to California Public Laws during the past three (3) years
2. (If prequalifying for use on lease-leaseback projects) Contractor has not completed a minimum of two (2) lease-leaseback public projects of at least $1,000,000 each, pursuant to California Public Laws during the past three (3) years
3. Contractor's omission of requested information
4. Contractor's falsification of information
5. Contractor's failure to complete a District contract due to default of the Contractor
6. Contractor's declaration of bankruptcy or placement in receivership within the past three (3) years
7. Contractor is not registered with the Department of Industrial Relations
A. The prospective bidder shall provide complete answers to questions contained in the District's standard statement of experience and financial condition form. Such form shall be signed under penalty of perjury by an individual who has the legal authority to bind the prospective bidder on whose behalf that person is signing.
B. The standard statement of experience and financial condition form and the instructions regarding the prospective bidder's prequalification package are hereby adopted. The prospective bidder's answers in the standard form shall be used to evaluate whether the prospective bidder is prequalified, and if so, the size of contracts upon which each bidder shall be deemed qualified to bid.
C. The questionnaires and financial statements are not public records and shall not be open to public inspection.
D. Questionnaires and financial statements shall be valid for no more than twelve (12) months from submission. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for any given project, the District may require all prequalified bidders to submit a new questionnaire and financial statement if deemed necessary or desirable.
Policy HUNTINGTON BEACH CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: March 7, 2017 Huntington Beach, California