Island Union ESD | AR 5111.3 Students
Charter School Enrollment
Charter Enrollment Capacity Regulation
For purposes of pupil attendance, the Island Union Elementary Charter School shall offer to enroll prospective students consistent with Education Code section 47605 and Board Policy 5116 by always giving preference for enrollment purposes to students currently attending the Charter School and to students who reside within the traditional boundaries of the District.
Whenever, in the District Superintendent/Principal's discretion, the number of pupils who wish to attend charter school exceeds the school's capacity for any grade level from kindergarten through eighth, the Superintendent/Principal will implement the District policy for determining enrollment with respect to any student who is not currently attending the Charter School or residing within the traditional boundaries of the District as follows:
1. If the Superintendent/Principal determines that there is additional pupil space, he or she will post and publish a schedule for conducting a lottery at least 30 days before the end of the current academic year.
2. Within the lottery, preference shall be given in the following order:
* Children of current employees of the District
* Grandchildren of the current employees of the district and grandchildren of Board members who have served a minimum of three full terms as a board member.
* Siblings of students currently attending the Charter School
* New charter students
* New TK charter students
3. The District will notify successful lottery participants within 30 days of the date the lottery is conducted.
Regulation ISLAND UNION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: December 7, 2017 Lemoore, California