Public Social Services;Article 4 Evaluation
Two years after the approval of an initial waiver or negotiated contract request pursuant to Sections 18986.20 to 18986.24, inclusive, the department shall review and report to the Legislative Analyst on the progress of the councils for which fiscal incentives and necessary waivers or negotiated contracts to establish the council's programs have been approved and granted. Programs to coordinate comprehensive children's services shall be deemed successful based upon the following:
(a) The county's ability to meet specific success criteria as specified in its overall plan.
(b) The county's ability to demonstrate cost avoidance which equals or exceeds the cost of the plan. This cost avoidance shall include the following categories, where appropriate:
(1) Group home costs paid by Aid to Families with Dependent Children-Foster Care (AFDC-FC).
(2) Children and adolescent state hospital programs.
(3) Juvenile justice recidivism or reincarceration.
(4) Nonpublic school residential placement costs.
(5) Other short-term and long-term savings in public funds resulting from the plans.
(c) The Legislative Analyst shall submit a review of the report to the Legislature.
(Amended by Stats. 1992, Ch 1296, Sect. 24)