Lawndale ESD | BP 0100 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
As part of its responsibility to establish a guiding vision for the district, the Board of Trustees shall develop and regularly review a set of fundamental principles which describes the district's beliefs, values or tenets. The Board and district staff shall incorporate this philosophy in all district programs and activities.
(cf. 0000 - Vision)
(cf. 0200 - Goals for the School District)
(cf. 6010 - Goals and Objectives)
(cf. 9000 - Role of the Board)
The guiding principles of the district are:
1. We put our students first.
2. We are a nurturing community, which provides a positive, caring and safe learning environment for all.
3. We are enriched by our cultural and individual diversity ensuring equal opportunity for all.
4. We are committed to high quality and excellence.
5. We are a community that cares about the total person at school, at home and in the community.
6. We celebrate our accomplishments.
7. We believe in life-long learning.
8. We believe that everyone will recognize their individual gifts, excel and strive to reach their potential.
9. We believe that families, school and the community practice shared leadership and collaboration to help everyone succeed.
10. We utilize our resources to the best meet the needs of students.
11. We are guided by integrity, honesty and responsibility.
51002 Local development of programs based on stated philosophy and goals
51019 Definition of philosophy
Maximizing School Board Leadership: Vision, 1996
Policy LAWNDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Adopted: July 7, 2004 Lawndale, California