Lawndale ESD | BP 4315 Personnel
Evaluation/Supervision - Management/Confidential
The evaluation and assessment of the competency of administrative personnel shall be based on:
1. The administrator's progress toward agreed-upon goals, objectives and tasks.
2. General expectations of performance which recognize professional responsibility, accountability and attitude
3. The fulfillment of responsibilities contained in the specific job descriptions adopted by the Board
4. Academic growth of students, based on multiple measures which may include student work as well as student and school longitudinal data that demonstrate academic growth.
5. Effective and comprehensive teacher evaluations, including, but not limited to curricular and management leadership, ongoing professional development, teacher-principal teamwork, and professional learning communities.
6. Cultural responsive instructional strategies to address the achievement gap
7. Effective school management, including personnel and resource management, organizational leadership, sound fiscal practices, and a safe campus environment.
8. Consistent and effective relationships with students, parents/guardians, teachers, staff and other administrators.
9. Additional factors as determined by the Superintendent.
The evaluation shall recognize the worth and needs of the individual in the total working environment and shall provide direction toward the improvement of his/her effectiveness.
Each administrator shall be evaluated formally at least once every year. Evaluation is a continuous process and may occur between scheduled periods at the request of the administrator, the administrator's immediate supervisor or any higher supervisor.
Formal management evaluations shall be recorded in writing on a form prescribed by the Superintendent or designee. The evaluation shall include recommendations for improvement if needed. Assistance shall be provided by the district to this end.
The evaluation report must be signed by the evaluator and the evaluatee and may be reviewed by the evaluator's immediate supervisor at the request of either party. The signature of the evaluated administrator shall not show agreement with the evaluation unless so indicated above his/her signature.
A copy of the report shall be given to the administrator within 10 working days following the evaluation and no later than 30 days before the last scheduled school day. The employee may make a written response to the evaluation at any time up to five days after receiving a copy of the evaluation. The response shall be attached to the evaluation and permanently placed in the employee's personnel file.
For 12-month employees, the written evaluation report shall be given to the administrator no later than June 30 and a discussion of the evaluation shall be held no later than July 30 of the year in which the evaluation takes place. (Education Code 44663)
The Superintendent or designee shall develop regulations and procedures for the evaluation of all administrative and supervisory personnel. These written regulations and procedures shall be available to administrative and supervisory personnel. (Education Code 35171)
Classified Management Employees
Classified management personnel will be evaluated according to the procedures developed by the Superintendent or designee and approved by the Board. The evaluation shall include recommendations for improvement if needed. Assistance shall be provided by the district to this end.
The evaluation form must be signed by both the person being evaluated and the supervisor making the evaluation. The signature of the evaluated management employee shall not show agreement with the evaluation unless so indicated above the signature of the employee. The employee may make written response to the evaluation at any time up to five days after receiving a copy of the evaluation. The response shall be attached to the evaluation and placed in the employee's personnel file.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop appropriate procedures for the evaluation of confidential personnel. Evaluations shall be administered in the same manner and time schedule as classified employees who have similar but non-confidential positions with the district.
33039 State guidelines for teacher evaluation procedures
35171 Availability of rules and regulations for evaluation of performance
45113 Rules and regulations for the classified service in districts not incorporating the merit system
3543.2 Scope of representation (re evaluation procedures)
Association of California School Administrators: http://www.acsa.org
California Department of Education: http://www.cde.ca.gov
Policy LAWNDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: September 1, 2003 Lawndale, California
revised: November 1,2014
revised: October 20, 2015