Lemoore Union HSD | E 5144.1 Students
Suspension And Expulsion/Due Process
Expulsion Readmission Request
Student's name Birth Date
Case # S-
Date of Expulsion Date of Readmission Hearing
Reasons for Expulsion: ________________________
Governing Board recommended rehabilitation plan:
If Special Education student, recommendations from IEP Team:
Verification that conditions have been met:
1. A written request for review of expulsion action and request for readmission shall be submitted by the parent/guardian to the principal or designee.
2. The principal or designee will hold a conference with the parent/guardian and the student.
At the conference, the conditions for readmission will be reviewed and verification obtained that the conditions have been met. School regulations will be reviewed and the student and his/her parents/guardians will be asked to indicate in writing their willingness to comply with the regulations.
3. The principal or designee will transmit the request to the Board for consideration with the his/her recommendation. The Board may consider the request in closed session or in open session; however, the consideration will be in open session if a written request for open session is received from the student's parent/guardian.
4. The Board shall include input from the IEP Team when developing a recommended rehabilitation plan for an expelled special education student.
5. The principal or designee who confers with the parent/guardian and the expelled special education student regarding readmission may also consider the comments of the student's IEP Team when developing recommendations to the Board regarding a request for readmission.
6. The principal or designee will notify the student or the student's parent/guardian of the decision of the Board regarding readmission of the student in school.
Exhibit LEMOORE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: June 4, 1998 Lemoore, California