Lemoore Union HSD | E 6163.4 Instruction
Employee/Student Use Of Technology
LEMOORE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
TIGERNET AND INTERNET USAGE AGREEMENT
TigerNet is a network of computers and computer services offered to the staff and students of the Lemoore Union High School District. The Internet is a collection of networks that allows access to an unprecedented amount of tools and information. By combining these two entities the result is enhanced collaboration, learning, and classroom instruction. We are pleased to be able to provide this level of technology to both staff and students.
With access to such a great wealth of tools and information, both staff and students (collectively referred to as "users") must understand and practice proper ethical use. All users must understand their responsibilities regarding procedures, policy, and security before using the network.
Important General Usage Guidelines
1. Only websites that are related to work, instruction, or educational research are authorized for use.
2. All games are strictly forbidden from use unless they are educationally related to the curriculum being taught and pre-approved.
3. Streaming video and audio is not authorized unless educationally or instructionally related. (i.e. music videos, Spinner, etc.)
4. All music and file sharing programs (Napster, Morpheus, Kazaa, Gnutella, iMesh, etc.) are banned from use on campus.
5. External email (such as Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, etc.) chat rooms, instant messaging, and social networking are not authorized for use on campus unless limited access is provided for educational purposes.
6. File storage on campus computer systems is to be used for educational, instructional, or work-related use only. Do not store games, videos, inappropriate pictures, hacking utilities, etc. on any computer or network resource.
7. Any unauthorized access or attempted access to the student records information system will result in strict disciplinary action.
8. The use of any LUHSD name or unauthorized web pages, email messages, chat rooms, or message boards is prohibited.
9. No student or staff member shall access inappropriate material via the Internet while on campus and using school resources. This includes, but is not limited to, pornographic sites, child pornography, racist sites, illegal activities, and any other site that is unlawful, immoral, or unethical. This policy includes all technology resources such as computers, phones, VCRs, or TVs.
Users must never share their account with other users. Users are responsible for the accounts they have been issued. Therefore, it is extremely important that the password issued to the user be kept confidential to ensure proper network security.
Users are restricted from downloading, storing, or using any program designed to exploit network vulnerabilities. Copyrighted material such as music, pictures, media files, and programs shall not be downloaded or stored on any campus computer without proof of purchase or written consent from the owner. Any user identified as internationally sending or infecting computers with a Virus or Trojan will be subject to disciplinary action and/or legal action.
Signing below indicated that you, the staff member or student and parent/guardian, admit to having read, understood, and agree to abide by all provisions and restrictions set forth on both sides of this agreement.
Staff - Must print name, sign name, and complete date fields only. Students - Must print name, sign name, enter current date and include student ID number and graduation year. *Parent/Guardian must also print name, sign name, and enter current date.
Name of User (please print) Signature of User Date
Name of Parent/Guardian Signature of Parent/Guardian Date
Student ID Number Graduation Year
Note: Please read the backside of this agreement for a full understanding of your responsibilities.
Conditions, Rules, and Acceptable Use Agreement
INTERNET: the Lemoore Union High School District (LUHSD) has actively pursued advanced technology to provide access to learning opportunities for our students and staff. We offer speed INTERNET access through the Kings County Office of Education.
CONDITIONS AND RULES FOR USE:
1. Privilege: Use of the district's access to the Internet ("TigerNet") is a privilege conditioned on the user's agreeing to and abiding by this agreement. Students may not use the district system and TigerNet unless the user and his/her parent/guardian have read and signed this agreement.
2. Disciplinary Action for Violation and Agreement: The principal or designee shall make all decisions regarding whether or not a user has violated the Lemoore Union High School District TigerNet and Internet Usage Agreement, and may deny, revoke, or suspend a user's access at any time. The decision of the principal or designee shall be final. In addition to the denial, revocation, or suspension of access to the district system, the student shall be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension and expulsion, and/or legal action which may include criminal prosecution and civil lawsuit(s).
3. Waiver of Privacy: User and parent/guardian signing agree that by using TigerNet User waive any right to privacy User may have for such use. User and parent/guardian agree that the district may monitor use of the TigerNet and may also examine all system activities User participates in, including but not limited to e-mail, voice, and video transmission and downloads to ensure proper use of the system. The district may share such transmissions with the User's parent/guardians.
4. No Guarantees: The District will make good faith efforts to protect children from improper or harmful matter which may be on the Internet. At the same time in signing this agreement the parent/guardian and User recognize that the District makes no guarantees about preventing improper access to such material on the part of the User.
5. District Held Harmless and Promise not to Sue: In order to protect itself from future lawsuits where a User or parent/guardian alleges that the User suffered some kind of injury because of access to the district's TigerNet access, the district requires that the user and parent/guardian promise to forego such claims against either the district or its employees in return for being allowed to use the district's TigerNet access. Therefore, the user and parent/guardian agree to hold the district and its employees harmless from any claim or liability arising out of or resulting from the User's use of the district's TigerNet access, even though the nature, extent, and seriousness of such claims are currently unknown. In other words, the User, Student and parent/guardian agree that they will not sue the school district or any district employee over any claim which comes about as a result of the use of the district's internet and intranet access.
6. Cyber Bullying and Online Safety: Students shall not access, post, email, or display matter that is threatening, obscene, or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment of others based on race/ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or political belief.
PENALTIES FOR IMPROPER USE:
1. Any user violating these rules, applicable state and federal laws or posted classroom and district rules are subject to loss of network privileges and any other District Disciplinary options.
2. In addition, pursuant to the State of California Law, any unauthorized access, attempted access, or use of any state computing and/or network system is a violation of section 502 of the California Penal Code and/or other applicable federal laws, and is subject to criminal prosecution.
USER: I understand and will abide by the above Conditions, Rules, and Acceptable Use Agreement. I further understand that any violation of the above Conditions, Rules, and Acceptable Use Agreement is unethical and may constitute a criminal offense. Should I commit any violations, my access privileges may be revoked; disciplinary action may be taken and/or appropriate legal action.
PARENT OR GUARDIAN: (If you are the parent or guardian of a student under the age of 18, you must also read and sign this agreement.) As the parent or guardian of this student, I have read the Internet Use Agreement. I understand that this access is designed for educational purposes only. I also recognize that it is impossible for the KCOE and the LUHSD to restrict access to controversial materials, and I will not hold them responsible for materials acquired on the network. Further, I accept full responsibility for supervision if my child's use is not in a school setting. I hereby give permission to issue an account for my child and certify that the information contained on this form is correct.
By signing this agreement the parent/guardian and Student waive any such claims which may occur in the future, whether they are now aware of how the Student could be injured by using the TigerNet, or the extent of such alleged injury. In doing so the Student and parent/guardian waive any protection they have under Civil Code 1542 with regard to claims arising from the Student's use of district TigerNet access.
That law reads as follows: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
Exhibit LEMOORE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: April 4, 2016 Lemoore, California