(a) Notwithstanding Section 53508.7, a local agency may sell bonds at a negotiated sale for a price at, above, or below par value, as authorized by the legislative body, without further approval, if the legislative body adopts a resolution before the negotiated sale, as an agenda item at a public meeting, that includes all of the following:
(1) Express approval of the negotiated method of sale.
(2) Statement of the reasons for selecting the negotiated method of sale.
(3) Disclosure of the identity of the bond counsel.
(4) Disclosure of the identity of the bond underwriter and the financial adviser, if used for the negotiated bond sale. If a bond underwriter or financial adviser has not been selected at the time the legislative body adopts the resolution, the legislative body shall disclose the identity at the public meeting first occurring after the bond underwriter or financial adviser has been selected.
(5) Estimate of the costs associated with the bond issuance.
(b) For purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Legislative body" means the governing body of a local agency.
(2) "Local agency" means a city, county, city and county, and special district. "Special district" means an agency of the state formed for the performance of governmental or proprietary functions within limited geographic boundaries, and shall not include a school district or community college district.
(Added by Stats. 2009, Ch. 529, Sec. 2.)