The definitions in this section shall govern the construction and interpretation of this article.
(a) (1) Except as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3), "authority" means an entity created pursuant to Article 1 (commencing with Section 6500).
(2) In the case of an authority issuing bonds pursuant to this chapter in which VLF receivables, as defined in subdivision (j), are pledged to the payment of the bonds, other than VLF receivables so pledged for a county of the first class, an authority shall consist of not fewer than 100 local agencies.
(3) In the case of an authority issuing bonds pursuant to this chapter in which Proposition 1A receivables, as defined in subdivision (g), are pledged to the payment of the bonds, an authority shall consist of not fewer than 250 local agencies.
(b) "Bond purchase agreement" means a contractual agreement executed between the authority and the local agency whereby the authority agrees to purchase bonds of the local agency.
(c) "Bonds" means all of the following:
(1) Bonds, including, but not limited to, assessment bonds, redevelopment agency bonds, government-issued mortgage bonds, and industrial development bonds.
(2) Notes, including bond, revenue, tax, or grant anticipation notes.
(3) Commercial paper, floating rate and variable maturity securities, and any other evidences of indebtedness.
(4) Certificates of participation or lease-purchase agreements.
(d) "Cost," as applied to a public capital improvement or portion thereof financed under this part, means all of the following:
(1) All or any part of the cost of construction, renovation, and acquisition of all lands, structures, real or personal property, rights, rights-of-way, franchises, easements, and interests acquired or used for a public capital improvement.
(2) The cost of demolishing or removing any buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring any lands to which the buildings or structures may be moved, and the cost of all machinery and equipment.
(3) Finance charges.
(4) Interest prior to, during, and for a period after, completion of that construction, as determined by the authority.
(5) Provisions for working capital, reserves for principal and interest and for extensions, enlargements, additions, replacements, renovations, and improvements.
(6) The cost of architectural, engineering, financial and legal services, plans, specifications, estimates, and administrative expenses.
(7) Other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility of constructing any project or incident to the construction or acquisition or financing of any public capital improvement.
(e) "Legislative body" means the governing body of a local agency.
(f) "Local agency" means a party to the agreement creating the authority, or an agency or subdivision of that party, sponsoring a project of public capital improvements, or any city, county, city and county, authority, district, or public corporation of this state.
(g) "Proposition 1A receivable" means the right to payment of moneys due or to become due to a local agency, pursuant to clause (iii) of subparagraph (B) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 25.5 of Article XIII of the California Constitution and Section 100.06 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(h) "Public capital improvements" means one or more projects specified in Section 6546.
(i) "Revenue" means income and receipts of the authority from any of the following:
(1) A bond purchase agreement.
(2) Bonds acquired by the authority.
(3) Loans installment sale agreements, and other revenue-producing agreements entered into by the authority.
(4) Projects financed by the authority.
(5) Grants and other sources of income.
(6) VLF receivables purchased pursuant to Section 6588.5.
(7) Proposition 1A receivables purchased pursuant to Section 6588.6.
(8) Interest or other income from any investment of any money in any fund or account established for the payment of principal or interest or premiums on bonds.
(j) "VLF receivable" means the right to payment of moneys due or to become due to a local agency out of funds payable in connection with vehicle license fees to a local agency pursuant to Section 10754.11 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(k) "Working capital" means money to be used by, or on behalf of, a local agency for any purpose for which a local agency may borrow money pursuant to Section 53852, or for any purpose for which a VLF receivable or a Proposition 1A receivable sold to an authority could have been used by the local agency.
(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 296, Sec. 114.)