(a) One year of service credit shall be granted for service rendered and compensated in a fiscal year in full-time employment for any of the following:
(1) One academic year of service for persons employed on an academic year basis by the University of California, the California State University system, or school employees who are certificated members, under terms and conditions prescribed by the board.
(2) Ten months of service for persons employed on a monthly basis.
(3) Two hundred fifteen days of service after June 30, 1951, and 250 days prior to July 1, 1951, for persons employed on a daily basis.
(4) One thousand seven hundred twenty hours of service after June 30, 1951, and 2,000 hours prior to July 1, 1951, for persons employed on an hourly basis.
(5) Nine months of service for state employees represented by State Bargaining Unit 3 and subject to the 9-12 pay plan or leave plan, provided a memorandum of understanding has been agreed to by the state employer and the recognized employee organization to become subject to this subdivision.
(b) A fractional year of credit shall be given for service rendered in a fiscal year in full-time employment for less than the time prescribed in this section.
(Amended by Stats. 2009, Ch. 130, Sec. 24.)