(a) "Member" means an employee who has qualified for membership in this system and on whose behalf an employer has become obligated to pay contributions.
(b) "State member" includes:
(1) State miscellaneous members.
(2) University members.
(3) Patrol members.
(4) State safety members.
(5) State industrial members.
(6) State peace officer/firefighter members.
(7) National Guard members as defined in Section 20380.5.
(c) "Local member" includes:
(1) Local miscellaneous members.
(2) Local safety members.
(d) "School member" includes all employees within the jurisdiction of a school employer, other than local police officers, school safety members and members included in a risk pool.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 355, Sec. 9.)