(a) Nothing contained in Education Code Section 94321 shall prohibit an institution and a bona fide employer from jointly advertising in "help wanted" columns of a magazine, newspaper, or other publication if all of the following conditions are met; specifically that:
(1) There is a shortage of persons with the skills advertised as wanted in the circulation area of the publication in which the advertisement appears.
(2) There is an anticipated need for persons trained in such skills at the end of the institution's regular training period for the skills.
(3) The advertisement clearly identifies the institution and the employer as separate entities and gives the complete address of both.
(4) The advertisement clearly indicates that graduation does not guarantee employment by the employer named in the advertisement.
(b) Institutions may advertise or otherwise represent the fact of holding a valid approval or authorization to operate, issued by the superintendent, but in doing so must:
(1) State that the approval or authorization "to operate" is "by the California Superintendent of Public Instruction," or "State Superintendent Approved" or "State Superintendent Authorized" as appropriate.
(2) State that the approval is conditional or provisional, if that is the fact.
(c) Institutions may advertise or otherwise represent the fact of holding an accreditation, or of holding any approval other than by the superintendent. In so doing the representation shall be immediately followed by:
(1) The complete name of the organization or agency by which the institution is accredited or approved, except with respect to accreditation agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or its successor agency in which case initials of the name may be used.
(2) The status of the accreditation or approval if less than full; and
(3) The fact, if true, that such organization or agency is not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or its successor agency.
Education Code 94305 (b)
Education Code 94321 (a) and (f)
(Amended by Register 85, No. 3).