Requirements for the Restricted Severely Handicapped Credential.
(a) The requirements for the Restricted Severely Handicapped Credential shall include all of the following:
(1) A baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution;
(2) Possession of a Special Center Permit or other permit or credential which authorizes service in a Special Center;
(3) Three years of successful employment in a special center;
(4) Completion of a Commission-approved program for the Special Education Specialist Instruction Credential authorizing the teaching of the severely handicapped; and
(5) Verification of passage of the California Basic Education Skills Test as specified in Education Code Section 44252.
(b) Period of Validity. The Restricted Severely Handicapped Credential is valid for five years and may be renewed with verification of two years of successful experience in a Special Center during the valid period of the credential being renewed, and completion of six semester units of collegiate course work related to special education completed during the five year period of validity.
(c) Authorization. The Restricted Severely Handicapped Credential authorizes the instruction, guidance, and care of children in a special center and not in a special class as both are used in Article 4, 56364.
Education Code 44225(b)
Education Code 56364.5
(Amended by Register 86, No. 3.)