(a) The requirements for the Special Center Permit shall include all of the following:
(1) Possession of a permit which authorizes service in a Special Center
(2) A minimum of two (2) years of successful full-time teaching experience in a position requiring the Special Center Permit;
(3) Sixty semester hours of college course work including eight semester hours selected from the following fields: specialized preparation to serve as a teacher of exceptional children, nursery education, early childhood education or child development. An applicant who has not completed the 60 semester hours of college work at the time his or her provisional permit expires has the right of appeal pursuant to Sections 80505-80522.
(b) Requirements for the renewal of the Special Center Permit shall include an of the following:
(1) Verification of two years of successful experience in a special center during the valid period of the permit.
(2) Verification of either of the following:
(A) Completion of nine semester units of collegiate course work leading to a degree and/or a credential; or
(B) Completion of an individualized program of staff development totaling not less than 150 clock hours. The individualized program will be signed by the applicants and the site administrator. Verification of completion will be in the form of a letter from the site administrator;
(3) Submission of an application form, verification of (b)(l) and (b)(2) above, and the fee as specified in Section 80487;
(c) Period of Validity:
The Special Center Permit is valid for five years and may be renewed as specified in subsection (b);
The Special Center Permit authorizes the instruction guidance and care of children in a Special Center as defined in Education Code Sections 56364 and 56030.5.
Education Code 44225 (b)
Education Code 56364.5
Education Code 56030.5
Education Code 56364
(Amended by Register 86 No. 3.)