(a) General Provisions.
(1) Related services may be provided to individuals or to small groups in a specialized area of educational need, and throughout the full continuum of educational settings.
(2) Related services, when needed are determined by the IEP.
(3) All entities and individuals providing related services shall meet the qualifications found in 34 C.F.R. sections 300.156(b) and 3001(r) and the applicable portions of section 3051 et seq. and shall be either:
(A) Employees of the school district or county office, or
(B) Employed under contract pursuant to Education Code sections 56365-56366, or
(C) Employees, vendors or contractors of the State Departments of Health Care Services or State Hospitals, or any designated local public health or mental health agency.
(4) To be eligible for certification to provide related services to individuals with exceptional needs, nonpublic schools and nonpublic agencies shall meet the requirements of this section.
(5) An individual providing related services out of state, pursuant to sections 56365 and 56366 of the Education Code, as required in a pupil's IEP, must:
(A) Hold a current valid credential or license to render that related service as required by that state, and
(B) Be employed by a nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency certified by the CDE.
Education Code 33031
Education Code 56100
Education Code 56366.1
Education Code 56363
Education Code 56365
Education Code 56366
34 C.F.R. 300.12
34 C.F.R. 300.18
34 C.F.R. 300.34
34 C.F.R. 300.156(b).
(Amended by Register 2014, No. 19.)