(a) These additional definitions concerning Library of California Act components complement those set forth in Education Code Section 18810.
(b) Additions to the definitions are as follows.
(1) "California Literacy Campaign" means the program authorized and funded under the California Library Literacy Service Act, Education Code Section 18733.
(2) "Chief Executive Officer" means the State Librarian.
(3) "Families for Literacy" means the program authorized and funded under the California Library Literacy Service Act, Education Code Section 18735.
(4) "Fiscal year" means the State fiscal year unless otherwise specified.
(5) "President" means the elected president of the state board.
(6) "Regional library network affiliation" means that a public library jurisdiction or an institution formally and legally joins a regional library network to obtain full membership status.
(7) "Regional library network consolidation" means the formal and legal joining of the geographic service areas, functions, services, and operations of two or more formerly separate regional library networks into a single regional library network, as defined in Education Code Sections 18840-18842.
(8) "Regional library network division" means the separation of the geographic service areas, functions, services, operations, and membership of a single regional library network into two or more regional library networks, as defined in Education Code Sections 18840-18842.
(9) "Regional library network realignment" means a change in boundaries of two or more regional library networks.
(10) "Regional network council" means regional library council, as defined in Education Code Section 18810(r).
(11) "Statewide electronic library card" means the mechanism by which a library user is authorized to obtain the services provided under Education Code Section 18844(d), the Electronic Direct Access program. These services allow the user to browse the bibliographic catalogs of libraries statewide on a computer, identify and request library resources through a computer, and/or receive the information resources by means of a computer. The statewide electronic library card may be a physical card or an electronically authenticated equivalent or other appropriate vehicle.
(12) "Vice-President" means the elected vice-president of the state board.
Education Code 18821
Education Code 18810
(Added by Register 2000, No. 19)