Division 9. Secretary for Education Chapter 1. Education Technology Grant Program. Calculation of Grants.
(a) The priority for the distribution of funds shall be as follows:
(1) The first priority shall be eligible schools serving grades 9-12 that provide three (3) or fewer Advanced Placement courses, and that need hardware, infrastructure or wiring that is not available from other sources to achieve connectivity to on-line Advanced Placement classes.
(2) The second priority shall be eligible schools serving students in grades 9-12 that have a projected student-to-multimedia computer ratio, as defined in section 90002(b)(5) of these regulations, of greater than 5:1.
(3) The third priority, if any funds remain from this one-time allocation, shall be eligible schools serving grades 9-12 that have a projected student-to-multimedia computer ratio, as defined in section 90002(b)(5) of these regulations, of equal to or less than 5:1.
(b) The Secretary for Education, upon receipt of the reports from CTAP, shall:
(1) Calculate the funds necessary for each Priority One school to provide Advanced Placement content online, in order to ensure that each Priority One school can offer a total of four or more Advanced Placement courses.
(2) Calculate the funds required to reduce the projected ratio of students-to-computers in each eligible Priority Two school, based on an allocation of $1500 per computer. The Secretary for Education has set a preliminary goal of reducing all Priority Two schools to a 5:1 ratio. However, the Secretary for Education retains the authority to adjust the ratio to a higher or lower ratio, depending on the results of the CTAP survey, in order to remain within the $175 million in one-time funds allocated for this program. Allocations shall be made in such a manner as to improve or maintain an equal ratio across all eligible high schools.
(3) Allocate Priority Three grants, based on an allocation of $1500 per computer, should any funds remain after funding the Priority One and Priority Two eligible schools. Allocations shall be made in such a manner as to improve or maintain an equal ratio across all eligible high schools.
(c) Once the calculations required in subparagraph (b) are completed, the Secretary for Education shall notify eligible schools or districts in writing of the amounts allocated for each eligible school, and notify eligible schools or districts of the student-to-multimedia computer ratio they will be expected to reach with the amount of funding provided. Schools may elect to participate pursuant to Section 90005 of these regulations.
Education Code 52270
Education Code 52270
(Amended by Register 2001, No. 13.)