Chapter 19.5. CalWORKs and Child Care and Development Programs Subchapter 2. CalWORKs Stage 2 Child Care Program Article 2.Requirements and Procedures for Receiving CalWORKs Stage 2 Services Enrollment into CalWORKs Stage 2 When Not Transferring from Another CalWORKs Agency
(a) When a family who is not being transferred from a county welfare department's Stage 1 program or another contractor's Stage 2 program requests CalWORKs Stage 2 child care services, an application for services must be completed containing the following information and supporting documentation:
(1) The parent's(s) full name(s), address(es) and telephone number(s);
(2) The names and birth dates of all children under the age of 18 in the family, regardless of whether they are served in the CalWORKs program;
(3) The number of hours of child care needed each day for each child;
(4) The names of other family members in the household related by blood, marriage, or adoption;
(5) The reason for needing child care services;
(6) Family size and monthly adjusted income;
(7) Employment or training information for the parent(s) including name and address of employer(s) or training institutions(s) and days and hours of employment or training;
(8) Rate of payment;
(9) The name, address, and telephone number of the child care provider; and
(10) The parent(s) signature and date of the signature.
(b) Once the application has been submitted, the signature of the contractor or the contractor's employee who is authorized to certify the eligibility of the family must be obtained before the contractor assumes responsibility for reimbursing the provider for the child care services provided. Child care services received prior to the date of certification shall not be reimbursed.
(c) When the contractor is informed by the California Department of Education that all Stage 2 funds have been allocated for a given fiscal year and contracts will no longer be augmented during the fiscal year, the Stage 2 contractor shall not accept any new families if doing so would result in over enrollment and may refer any otherwise eligible family to the county welfare department Stage 1 program.
(d) If at any time during the fiscal year the contractor believes that accepting additional new families would result in over enrollment, the contractor shall notify the California Department of Education.
(e) The contractor shall not establish a waiting list for Stage 2.
Education Code 8263
Education Code 8350.5
Education Code 8353
Education Code 8358.5
(Amended By Register 2002, No. 11)