Division 8. Commission On Teacher Credentialing. Chapter 1. Credentials Issued Under The Teacher Preparation And Licensing Law Of 1970. Article 2. Credential Types, Authorizations, And Requirements. Specific Requirements for and Authorization of the Designated Subjects Business and Industry Partnership Teacher.
(a) The minimum requirements for the issuance of a business and industry partnership teacher authorization shall include all of the following:
(1) Verification by employers of three years of work experience directly related to each industry sector(s) to be named on the credential and listed in Section 80035.5. One year of the required work experience shall be within the last five years, or two years within the last ten years, immediately preceding the issuance of the business and industry partnership teacher. One or more of the following may be used for up to a maximum of two of the three years of work experience:
(A) Possession of an advanced industry certificate related to the industry sector to be named on the document;
(B) One year of full-time teaching experience providing instructional services in preschool or grades K-12 earned in a public or private school of equivalent status while holding a general education teaching credential based on completion of a teacher preparation program and student teaching;
(C) Forty-eight semester units or the quarter unit equivalent of postsecondary vocational training, related to the industry sector(s) to be named on the document and verified by official transcript, may be substitute for a maximum of two of the three years of work experience.
(2) Verification of a high school diploma or the equivalent;
(3) Verification that the applicant has been apprised of the early teaching orientation requirement, which is a requirement of the Commission-approved program of personalized preparation referenced in Section 80034.2(b)(2);
(4) Submission of a completed Application for Credential Authorizing Public School Service (form 41-4, rev. 9/08) available on the Commission's website and hereby incorporated by reference, together with its related Instruction and Information Sheet (rev. 9/08) and Form 41-ECC (Explanation of Criminal Conviction or Pending Criminal Charge) (rev. 7/08); the fee as specified in Section 80487(a)(1); and verification of completion of livescan, unless clearance is already on file with the Commission;
(5) Recommendation from a Commission-approved program of personalized preparation on a form approved by the Commission.
(b) Completion of any requirements of the program of personalized preparation referenced in ¬ß80034.2(b)(2) while in possession of a business and industry teacher authorization shall be applicable toward the clear career technical education teaching credential for an individual who subsequently obtains a preliminary career technical education teaching credential pursuant to ¬ß80034.2(a).
(c) Authorization. The business and industry partnership teacher authorizes the holder to teach in the industry sector(s) named on the credential as specified in Section 80035.5 in grades 12 and below, and in classes organized primarily for adults, in career technical, trade or vocational courses which shall be part of a program of career technical, trade or vocational education.
(d) Period of Validity. A business and industry partnership teacher shall be issued for no more than one year, provided that it shall expire at the end of the employing agency's school year and shall not be issued more than once to an individual. The end of the school year shall be no later than July 1 unless the business and industry partnership teacher authorization is being used for a summer school assignment whereby the end of the school year shall be no later than September 1.
Education Code 44225
Education Code 44225(e)
Education Code 44252
Education Code 44256(d)
Education Code 44339
Education Code 44340
Education Code 44341
(Added by Register 2010, No. 4.)