Chapter 2. Applications. Article 7. Applications for a Substantive Change to an Approval to Operate. Application for Addition of Separate Branch.
(a) An institution seeking to add a separate branch pursuant to section 94894(h) shall complete the "Application for Addition of a Separate Branch" form (SEP rev. 2/10) to obtain prior authorization. The form shall be submitted to the Bureau along with the appropriate fee as provided in Section 94930.5(a)(2) of the Code. It shall be signed and dated by the signatory(ies) required by section 71380 for an institution approved under section 94885 of the Code and section 71390 for an institution approved under section 94890 of the Code, and each fact stated therein and each attachment thereto shall be declared to be true under penalty of perjury, in the following form:
"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing and all attachments are true and correct.
(b) For an institution approved under section 94885 of the code, the application shall establish that the institution, including the separate branch, can meet the minimum operating standards contained in Chapter 3, and shall include:
(1) The name, school code, telephone and fax numbers, and address of the institution;
(2) The address of the proposed separate branch;
(3) The reasons for establishing a separate branch, and how the proposed branch helps to further the institution's mission and objectives;
(4) When the institution proposes to open the branch;
(5) The projected number of students that the proposed branch will serve, and the basis for that projection;
(6) The impact of the branch on the financial resources of the institution, including the institution's ability to comply with section 71745;
(7) A description of the proposed branch's educational programs;
(8) A description of the facility and equipment as provided in Section 71260;
(9) A description of the differences between the programs that the institution offers at the main location and the programs the institution proposes to offer at the branch location, including admissions standards, degree requirements, curricula, and standards for student achievement or a statement that an application for a Change in Educational Objective under section 71950 accompanies the application;
(10) A statement that the institution has contracted with duly qualified faculty who meet the qualifications of section 71720 at the proposed branch, including whether faculty will teach only at the proposed branch or will be shared among the institution's locations;
(11) A description of library and other learning resources, as provided in Section 71270, that will be available to students attending the proposed branch;
(12) A description of the planned administrative relationship between the main location and the proposed branch, including the nature and extent of the supervision by the chief academic officer, chief operating officer, chief executive officer, and administrators at the main location over the activities of the proposed branch; and
(13) The name, address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers of the institution's contact person for the purpose of this application; and
(14) Any additional information required by the Bureau pursuant to section 71340.
(c) An institution that has been granted an approval to operate under section 94890 of the code shall notify the Bureau of the substantive change within 30 days of that change on the Separate Branch form, shall provide the information required by section (b)(1), (b)(2) and (b)(13) of this section, and shall attach certification from the institution's accreditation agency demonstrating that the substantive change was made in accordance with the institution's accreditation standards, and complies with the Act and this Division.
(d) Any approval of the addition of a new branch pursuant to this section shall run co-existent with the approval of the main campus in this state and shall be renewed at the same time.
Education Code 94803
Education Code 94895
Education Code 94823.5
Education Code 94893
Education Code 94894
Education Code 94895
Education Code 94896
Education Code 94930.5
(Amended by Register 2010, No. 47.)