Article 2. Selection of Contractors. Application Review and Award of Contract.
(a) An applicant must submit a complete application in accordance with the instructions contained in the Request for Applications.
(b) If an application is submitted that is incomplete or not completed in accordance with the instructions, the Child Development Division shall reject it and no further review will be made.
(c) If any change is made in the contents of the Request for Applications, that change will be made in writing and mailed to all agencies and persons that received the Request for Application.
(d) All applicants that submit a complete application in accordance with the instructions shall be evaluated as follows:
(1) If the Request for Applications includes more than one service delivery area, applicants will be considered for the service area(s) specified in their applications;
(2) Applicants headquartered in the service delivery area(s) specified in the Request for Applications will be reviewed first;
(3) Applications will be evaluated and scored in accordance with the rating criteria specified in the Request for Applications.
(4) The Request for Applications shall specify the minimum number of points necessary for applicants to qualify for an interview.
(5) The interview will consist of an oral presentation by the applicant regarding the content area of the application and a question and answer portion to clarify or expand on the information presented.
(6) The interview will be evaluated and scored in accordance with the rating criteria specified in the Request for Applications;
(7) The applicants will be ranked on the basis of the combined scores for the written application and interview.
(8) If there are no applicants headquartered in the service delivery area meeting the minimum criteria specified in the Request for Applications, applications from applicants that are not headquartered in the specified service delivery area(s) will be evaluated in accordance with the procedures specified above.
(9) The highest scoring application shall receive a tentative offer of funding, subject to the provisions specified in Section 113003 of this Division.
Education Code 8261
Education Code 8261
Education Code 8445
(Added by Register 88, No. 50.)