Private Postsecondary Institutions; Enrollment Agreements and Disclosures
Except as provided in subdivision (d) of Section 94909 and Section 94910.5, prior to enrollment, an institution shall provide a prospective student with a School Performance Fact Sheet containing, at a minimum, the following information, as it relates to the educational program:
(a) Completion rates, as calculated pursuant to Article 16 (commencing with Section 94928).
(b) Placement rates for each educational program, as calculated pursuant to Article 16 (commencing with Section 94928), if the educational program is designed to lead to, or the institution makes any express or implied claim related to preparing students for, a recognized career, occupation, vocation, job, or job title.
(c) License examination passage rates for programs leading to employment for which passage of a state licensing examination is required, as calculated pursuant to Article 16 (commencing with Section 94928).
(d) Salary or wage information, as calculated pursuant to Article 16 (commencing with Section 94928).
(e) If a program is too new to provide data for any of the categories listed in this subdivision, the institution shall state on its fact sheet: "This program is new. Therefore, the number of students who graduate, the number of students who are placed, or the starting salary you can earn after finishing the educational program are unknown at this time. Information regarding general salary and placement statistics may be available from government sources or from the institution, but is not equivalent to actual performance data."
(f) All of the following:
(1) A description of the manner in which the figures described in subdivisions (a) to (d), inclusive, are calculated or a statement informing the reader of where he or she may obtain a description of the manner in which the figures described in subdivisions (a) to (d), inclusive, are calculated.
(2) A statement informing the reader of where he or she may obtain from the institution a list of the employment positions determined to be within the field for which a student received education and training for the calculation of job placement rates as required by subdivision (b).
(3) A statement informing the reader of where he or she may obtain from the institution a list of the objective sources of information used to substantiate the salary disclosure as required by subdivision (d).
(g) The following statements:
(1) "This fact sheet is filed with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Regardless of any information you may have relating to completion rates, placement rates, starting salaries, or license exam passage rates, this fact sheet contains the information as calculated pursuant to state law."
(2) "Any questions a student may have regarding this fact sheet that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at (address), Sacramento, CA (ZIP Code), (Internet Web site address), (telephone and fax numbers)."
(h) If the institution participates in federal financial aid programs, the most recent three-year cohort default rate reported by the United States Department of Education for the institution and the percentage of enrolled students receiving federal student loans.
(i) Data and information disclosed pursuant to subdivisions (a) to (d), inclusive, is not required to include students who satisfy the qualifications specified in subdivision (d) of Section 94909, but an institution shall disclose whether the data, information, or both provided in its fact sheet excludes students pursuant to this subdivision. An institution shall not actively use data specific to the fact sheet in its recruitment materials or other recruitment efforts of students who are not California residents and do not reside in California at the time of their enrollment.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 840, Sec. 26.)