Chapter 3. Audits of California K-12 Local Education Agencies Article 2. Audit Reports The report of each audit performed pursuant to Education Code Section 41020 shall be as follows, except that the subelements of (d) may be in any order among themselves: Report Components
(a) Introductory Section.
(1) Table of Contents for the audit report.
(2) Other information as deemed appropriate by the auditee.
(b) Financial Section.
(1) Independent Auditor's Report.
(2) Management's Discussion and Analysis.
(3) Basic Financial Statements.
(4) Notes to the Basic Financial Statements.
(c) Required Supplementary Information.
Schedule of budgetary comparison data, by object for the 2009-10 fiscal year and following, for the General Fund and any major special revenue funds that have legally adopted annual budgets, disclosing excesses of expenditures over appropriations, if any, in individual funds presented in the budgetary comparison.
(d) Supplementary Information.
(1) Local Education Agency Organization Structure.
(2) Schedule of Average Daily Attendance.
(3) Schedule of Instructional Time.
(4) Schedule of Financial Trends and Analysis.
(5) Reconciliation of Annual Financial and Budget Report With Audited Financial Statements.
(6) Optionally, Combining Statements and Individual Fund Statements and Schedules.
(7) Schedule of Charter Schools.
(8) If required as set forth in the edition of OMB Circular A-133 applicable to the year being audited, Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
(9) Notes to Supplementary Information, if required.
(e) Other Independent Auditor's Reports.
(1) Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters Based on an Audit of Financial Statements Performed in Accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
(2) Report on State Compliance.
(3) Report on Compliance With Requirements Applicable to Each Major Program and Internal Control Over Compliance in Accordance With OMB Circular A-133, for fiscal years 2003-04 through 2010-11, if required as set forth in the edition of OMB Circular A-133 applicable to the year being audited.
(4) Report on Compliance With Requirements that Could Have a Direct and Material Effect on Each Major Program and on Internal Control Over Compliance in Accordance With OMB Circular A-133, for fiscal years 2011-12 and following, if required as set forth in the edition of OMB Circular A-133 applicable to the year being audited.
(f) Findings and Recommendations.
(1) Schedule of Findings and Questioned Costs.
(2) Schedule of Prior Audit Findings.
Education Code 14502.1
Education Code 14502.1
Education Code 14503
Education Code 41020
(Amended by Register 2011, No. 33.)