Article 2. Admissions and Academic Achievement Standards. Pre-Enrollment Disclosure; Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students; Institutions with Existing Approvals to Operate
(a) An approved unaccredited institution enrolling a student in a degree program shall, prior to execution of an enrollment agreement, provide the student with the following notice, which shall be in at least 12-point type in the same font as the enrollment agreement:
Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students
This institution is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree programs. To continue to offer degree programs, this institution must meet the following requirements:
* Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one degree program.
* Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by (date two years from date of provisional approval), and full accreditation by (date five years from date of provisional approval).
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, it must:
* Stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
* Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
Institutional Representative Initials:______ Student Initials:______
Date: ______________ Date: ______________"
(b) The student and an institutional representative shall initial and date the notice prior to executing an enrollment agreement. An initialed copy of the notice shall be given to the student and the original shall be retained in the enrolled student's records.
(c) The notice shall also be posted immediately adjacent to the description of the degree program(s), at a minimum, in the following locations:
(1) The institution's catalog where each degree program is described.
(2) The institution's website where each degree program is described.
(3) The institution's degree program brochures.
Education Code 94877
Education Code 94885.1
Education Code 94885
Education Code 94885.1
Education Code 94897
Education Code 94900
Education Code 94900.5
Education Code 94909
Education Code 94927.5
Education Code 94932
(Added by Register 2015, No. 31.)