Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 17070.33
Leroy F. Greene Facilities Act of 1998
(a) The board shall adopt guidelines for use by districts by June 30, 1999, to achieve measurable reductions in the costs of school facilities construction.
(b) The guidelines shall include, but need not be limited to, all of the following:
(1) Mechanisms designed to reduce the costs of professional fees.
(2) Mechanisms designed to reduce the costs of site preparation.
(3) Recommendations for the use of alternate cost-saving construction materials and methods.
(4) Recommendations regarding the joint use of core facilities.
(5) Mechanisms designed to reduce costs by incorporating efficiencies in schoolsite design.
(6) Recommendations regarding the use of cost-effective, efficient reusable facility plans.
(c) If a school district's matching funds include fees charged pursuant to Section 17620 or pursuant to Section 65995.5 or 65995.7 of the Government Code, or if a district receives funds pursuant to this chapter, the district shall consider the guidelines developed pursuant to this section as fully as is practicable.
(d) When the board adopts the guidelines, it shall not include any recommendation that would have a significant detrimental effect on educational programs.
(Added by Stats. 1998, Ch. 407, Sec. 4.)
Education Code 17620
Education Code 65995.5
Education Code 65995.7