topleft CSBA.org >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Title 5 |  T5  30510  

Preferential Treatment for New Applicants Who Agree to Pursue Teaching Careers in the Areas of Math, Science, or Bilingual Education.   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

If applications received by the California Student Aid Commission from new applicants (nominees) exceed the number of available scholarships for new applicants, the names of individual applicants (nominees) who agree to pursue teaching careers in the areas of Math, Science, or Bilingual Education shall be moved to the tops of the two selection lists, shall be ranked there by score, and shall be selected first, provided that no more than 75% of the scholarships awarded for that year shall be awarded to applicants (nominees) who receive preference. If 75% of the scholarships awarded are awarded to applicants (nominees) who receive preference, then the two ranking lists shall be re-sorted by score, and the remaining 25% of the scholarships shall be awarded without regard to preference.

Authority cited:

Education Code 69741

Education Code 69742

Reference:

United States Code, Title 20, Section 1111b(c)

Code of Federal Regulations, Title 34, Section 653.32(b).

(Amended by Register 88, No. 53.)